Monday, June 2, 2014

Uncharted Territory


Today I started something I thought I would never do. A follow up. What? Are you surprised? I sure as shit am. I have a serious dislike for sequels, they're never as good as the first. Which is why this may never see the light of day. But let it be known: 

Street Lights in Wonderland could very well have a second book. 

Pause, breathe, blink. 

Now, I did add a second part to Silence, yes. It is all included in one book though. This would be an entirely separate book/novella/novel? Fuck, I don't know yet. 

SLiW reads strictly in Shaine's POV. You see everything that she does, feel what she does, know what she does. But what about Langston? Would you want to know what he thinks? Now, before you get the wrong idea, this will not be SLiW repeated. I will absolutely not do that. Sorry, not happening. 

It would however take place five years after we left Shaine and Langston. 

I'm just thinking out loud here. I should really toss this idea to my beta's. 

The thing is, I adore Shaine and Langston. I just don't feel like their story is finished. I want to write more of them. While SLiW has an ending, there is room for more. 

Having Hart... I want to finish this, I do. So much so I have been threatened with the taking away of some of my favorite things if I do not work on it this week. Don't ask, you don't want to know the consequences of my procrastination. It's ugly. 

My head is talking out of my fingers again. 

Teasers? Teasers are good, right? 


"If a girl can feel so deeply that even death can't stop her heart from longing... That's the kind of girl whose world I want to be a part of." 



"It had always amazed me how the sun would perpetually die every night just so the moon could have its turn to shine.  How unselfish the sun must be to give up the place in the sky it so rightfully owned. To allow someone else in your spotlight so they could see the world from your point of view. In this life, I would be the sun and Shainelyn would always be the night sky. I would die thousands of deaths to give her the chance to shine her light on this fortunate world."


I really think that's all I have. Which mostly included a metric shit ton of rambling. 

Oh! Okay, so I'm going to be signing at the Little Rock Book Jam. Yes, it's next year. Yes, you really should be getting excited about it now though. So, make your plans to come see us then. Here is the link to the website and go find them on FB. I'm pretty sure there's a link to their page on mine. 

Little Rock Book Jam

Now, that's really all I have. 

XOXO, 
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment